LiveCode 6.1 has been launched today and brings with it some exciting updates. We have listened to the feedback and 6.1 brings with it optional licence activation.
Another exciting feature in this release is the new “chained” behaviors, Behavior help developers to put more structure into their code and avoid repetition. Put simply, supposing you have a sprite in your game, defined as a set of rules - your sprite is a "behavior". Now you can allow that sprite to collect different game elements, eg stars, apples, oranges, whilst avoiding collecting poison, and each of those elements is itself a behavior Code each one once, and re-use it wherever it is needed.
LiveCode 6.1 includes 15 new features of which 7 were user contributed. These include:
- Chained Behavior - sophisticated OOP-like programming
- iOS Remote Control Support - eg control audio and video playback via a headset
- Activation removed in Community edition - allows easy fast installation
- Locking Group Updates - speeds up custom controls composed of many objects
- Getting the Page Ranges of a Field
- Improved properties Property - list all the built in attributes of the object you are working with
- Additional statistical functions
Thanks for making LiveCode Better
Commercial license holders will receive this update automatically.
Using LiveCode Community? Get your update here.